Thursday, October 04, 2007

Patience is key

Whats been happening lately....

Well I played in the second round of the APPT Seoul qualifier and was late actually. I arrived at the end of the 2nd level and was blinded out a bit. I managed to pick up a couple of hands and all of a sudden I was 3rd in chips overall. But in true donk fashion, I got ahead of myself and managed to donk them off. Got them back, donked them again. Got them back, and guess what, donked them again. Its pretty sick if you think about it, I should be a massive chip leader but because of impatience I busted in 30-40th position. Oh well, at least I had fun.

Been having a terrible downswing in my 4.40 MTTs on stars and havent cashed in a long long time. I kept reviewing my game and trying to figure out what I was doing differently or incorrectly. It finally dawned on me that impatience was my thorn and set out to keep myself from being an action junkie by playing lots of games to keep my occupied. Low and behold, I win 2 4.40s back to back in 2 days. That was sweet, it really perked up my confidence. Also, I joined a $6500 guaranteed tournament on UB and got 9th for an ok payout of $130. MTTs there are pretty soft and I plan to play more in the future.

My live games have been profitable as of late. I have been hitting sets so much over the last couple of sessions, its crazy! I also seem to be playing well, keeping myself in check and always trying to stay out of marginal decisions by playing situations and then the cards. I pulled some pretty sick bluffs whenever I amass a chip stack and I have liked the results alot. Its almost like I employ the same big strategy for tournaments as I do in cash games and its been working for me.

Another big poker weekend awaits me, wish me luck.

Good luck to you guys in the felt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home