Thursday, September 06, 2007

Its been a while...

Unbelievable. Its been almost 2 months since my last post. Well Ill try and keep this short and sweet.

Whats been happening? Well I won a $10 satellite to a $2500 gtd tourney on Poker.COM and got 2nd in that for $750, my biggest cash to date. With that I took a bunch of cash out and put it on PokerStars and FullTilt and decided to try my luck with the best sites in the market. After some disheartening performances, I reached into PokerXFactor.com and really got down to analyzing my game and plugging leaks. Before long I was winning and cashing in almost every $4.40 tournament I joined on stars. I love these tournaments, although it takes a strong will to stomach the bad beats you get from donks who have their fold button broken.

Another great development is that I have found a bunch of guys I can play live cash games with here in Singapore. Its so great to find nice people to play with, plus the stakes are small and affordable. I had a really bad slump a couple of weeks ago wherein I wasnt making any money at all and I attributed it to trying too much to outplay people who I know will not fold except for the all-in move which I have no balls to try. Then I laid back and just let the cards come and played the situation instead of forcing myself to win every pot I got myself into.

Also, I am very jealous of the huge poker boom in the Philippines right now. Especially since the APPT made its way to our shores and I really wanted to meet Joe Hachem and Daniel Negreanu. Oh well, maybe I can qualify for the Seoul Tournament and stalk, i mean, meet them there.

Congrats on Mav and Nick on the opening of the very first legal poker room in manila, the Metro. I cant wait to visit and try my hand at some of the games. Hopefully they will still recognize the wide-eyed noob who donated money to the sharks every week at ACF almost a year ago.

Thats all for now. I think Ill update my blog with some live game sessions hands that I come across and any big cashes I make from my online play.

Also, i have begun staking a couple of people who are very good at what they do and hopefully it will be an interesting oppportunity to make some extra cash while I sit on my ass and do nothing. Lol.

Good luck at felt!

2 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger GameFrog said...

Stake me!! Stake me!! hehehe

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, easy easy staking a pro like you.
-suitedpairs-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home