Monday, May 21, 2007

the story so far

I just realized how long its been since I updated the blog. Plan to do it more often, so i can detail my progress with my skills. I can use this as a lookback at my past mistakes and any little or big lessons I may have learned.

As I mentioned before, I grinded my small roll of $15 on Poker.COM into a respectable figure of $100++. Then thanks to poor BR management, It all dwindled down to $40. Then it was up and down from there. I took matters into my own hands and joined www.PokerXFactor.com and learn from online pros like JohnnyBax, Sheets, BeL0WaB0Ve, BRSavage and Rizen. It helped polish my game a bit and im still learning. Hope to improve more and more.

With my bankroll down, I decided one fine monday early morning to play the $50k freeroll I qualified for playing so many cash games. At one point things looked really bad, but I caught a big bluff and doubled up to average stack early in the tourney. And after that, I had the best run ever. I was hitting flops, pulling off bluffs, stealing and re-stealing at will. I kept building my stack. Then I saw I was overall CL. I was so happy, 1st paid a whopping $5400! I played and played, it got better against good players cause they wanted to get higher in the pay scale. When it was down to about 25 players, I pick up queens. UTG limps in and I push, he has Kings of course and I take a hit, but im still a force. Then I go card dead. Then I make my final stand with AQ against 3s. Three on the flop, GG me. I take home a nice $400 for my efforts, after all, I did become really late for work because of this.

With $400 roll, I played cash and higher buyin MTTs. I slowly grinded it up to $950. Wow! Thats the highest my roll has ever been. A couple of consistent wins in $5 MTTs and $50NL helped a great deal. So before my roll dwindles even more, I cash out $450 for some important personal expenses. As of today, I have grinded my roll back up to around $550.

Consistency is my problem. Sometimes I go out on a bad beat trying to stay alive in a tourney. But rarely do I have chips to do some damage in the middle stages. I have to get really nice cards and/or a really weak tight table to accumulate. Im still trying to figure out how to do this, a smart LAG approach. Id rather have lotsa chips in the beginning and bust out in the middle, then have no chips in the beginning and hope that when I push all-in to stay alive in the middle stages I dont get sucked out on or run into aces.

Till then, peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home