Friday, June 01, 2007

Update

Whats happened in the last couple of days since I posted. Ive won some small tourneys here and there, i think around $70 was the biggest cash. I won $2R satellite tournament for the Sunday 20k GTD at Poker.COM as well as a $109 satellite token to a $2500 GTD tournament.

Also, I just cashed in the last Sunday 20K for $150 bucks. It was quite unfortunate though, I was really poised for a great win, in my opinion. I was crusing along to be blinded out in the middle of the tourney when I doubled up with quad 6s. Still below average I had 6s again and raise it 3x in middle position. I get reraised 2.5x from a late position big stack and smell AK. I decide to shove and get instacalled by Queens. Yikes! Talk about a bad read. But no problem, 6 on flop and I am over 10k at 100/200 level. Then this hand came up that changed my tournament completely. I had around 20k and was 4th or 5th place, it was 3-4 to the money. I was in BB with AKo and it gets folded to button who shoves for around 7k. I forgot what level this was but figured that this was a desparation push and range was quite high, maybe even blatant steal. I call of course and button has 10-7. Of course 7 on flop and I am down to 13k and suddenly in danger of bubbling. A few aggressive reraises, steals and shoves later, I make it to the money and lose to a race. That key hand really troubled me, not because I lost, but because maybe I didnt need to make the call. If I make the call and win, I am in 2nd place and have a really good chance of making it really deep. If I fold, I am still in 4th/5th place and still can make it deep. Funny thing is, I dont think I wouldnt be asking myself this question if my hand help up. Oh well.

Yesterday was an especially weird day because I kept getting called by really bad hands that sucked out. Like this one, I had kings in early position and raise it up 5x and get called. Flop comes ten high and I bet the pot and get called again. I shove on turn and get called by mid pair with a gutshot. Straight on river and I am crippled. That was such a bad play I couldnt help but tilt. I just smiled and asked him why the play and get replied with, "gambled, sorry". Wow! Heres another. I am in BB with AK, mid position player with short stack raises 5x and I put him on broadway cards, "gambler" calls and I shove thinking gambler has to have a really good hand to call because I have him covered. Shortstack goes all in with AJo and so does "gambler" with 4s! With friggin pocket 4s! How can you honestly think that your 4s are good in that spot? A raise and a shove and you put your tournament on the line with pocket 4s. Of course, 4 on river and he triples. I guess I should be happy that fishes still roam wild and free.

My BR now hovering at $700 mark and hoping to have a great weekend with lots of big cashes.

Oh yeah, also, played a live cash game last week and won almost SGD500! Chaching! Pass the sugah!

WSOP 2007 starting today. Hoping a pro wins the main event, I cant stand it if another Jamie Gold wins the big one.

Peace out and good luck on the felt, online or otherwise.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger sabs said...

Hi!

I’m Sabs and I’m helping out with the promotions of the Asia-Pacific Poker Tour. I guess by now you’ve heard about it from all the satellite tournaments happening around the city (and hopefully from the media releases and print ads we’ve come out with so far).

It would be great if you can help us spread the poker craze to other poker fans. You can post a link to the website www.appt.com.ph or post http://www.appt.com.ph/appt.jpg , the link to the jpeg of the print ad we’ve released through the major newspapers of the metro.

Thanks so much! Here’s to poker!

Sabs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home